Emamectin benzoate is widely used in controlling lepidopterous pests (order of insects that as larvae are caterpillars and as adults have four broad wings including butterflies, moths, and skippers) in agricultural products in the US, Japan, Canada, and recently Taiwan. C9530-404
The low-application rate of the active ingredient needed (~6 g/acre) and broad-spectrum applicability as an insecticide has gained Emamectin benzoate significant popularity among farmers. CAPM
- Alfa Crop has a unique physiological mode of action, reducing the possibility of cross-resistance to other chemicals.
- Alfa Crop stops Lepidoptera feeding within hours of ingestion, preventing subsequent crop damage.
- Alfa Crop is currently the most potent active ingredient available against key lepidoptera pests, providing the highest efficacy at the lowest rates.
- Alfa Crop kills larvae even within the egg before hatching, increasing residual activity.
- Alfa Crop allows beneficial to extend residual control as alternative modes of action making PROCLAIM® ideal for integration into biological control programs.
|Okra||Fruit & Shoot Borer||220|
|Cabbage||Cotton Leaf Worm||220|
|Tomato||Cotton Leaf Worm||220|
- Alfa Crop demonstrates a unique physiological mode of action reducing potential cross resistance to other classes of chemistry. It acts on the nerve cells to suppress muscle contraction thus inhibiting the larvae from feeding within hours providing rapid crop protection.
- Alfa Crop maintains control of a range of larval insects by contact activity with wet residues, but predominantly by ingestion activity. It acts directly with the larvae but exterminates them when still inside the egg, thus increasing speed of activity and residual control.
- Alfa Crop is considered as biologically selective for some beneficial species due to lack of intrinsic toxicity and a mode of action mainly via ingestion rather than contact activity.
- Alfa Crop is ecologically selective to a wide range of beneficial species due to the rapid breakdown of the active ingredient thus limiting contact activity to a very short period.
Available in packs of 50 g, 100 g, 250 g, 500 g.